I have this class called Projects that is a time sink. I am putting in so many hours a week on my project, and then weekly animations on top of that, that my other classes are suffering. I'm at risk of failing a 3D texturing class because I have't been able to devote the time needed to make my assignments look good. So the past few weeks I've been devoting more time to the classes that I've been neglecting. But I can't just pull more time from nowhere... And I'm not going to pull even more time from sleep. I need it for my health, and I already sacrifice too much of it.
So as a result, I have not been focusing very much on working on my house. In fact, it seems to be getting worse. Well, at least the living room is. The kitchen is staying relatively clean.
I did manage to clean off my desk and put it all in a box... but it didn't stay clean for long. So now I have stuff piled on my desk AND I have 2 boxes full of stuff I have to organize. That was a fail.
I need to make some time to devote fully to my house. But I'm worried that even after I get it clean it will revert back to the way it is. I know the idea of this whole project is to not just clean and organize, but GET RID OF a lot of the clutter so it will be less likely to get messy in the future. But I still can't help feeling like I should have chosen a project that has a more permanent and definite result.
I know that this was what I needed to do right now. But I don't feel like it's what I want... if that makes sense.
I also need to explore more ways to practice self care when I can't do things like get more sleep. I have physically been feeling really cruddy for the last few weeks due to a health issue, and it's possible that this will last up to a few months.
I have no doubt that self care is what I need, but I'm not sure how much I can do with it at this point.
No comments:
Post a Comment